Friday, December 22, 2006

Catching Up.

Wow! It's been a long time since I've posted here. The holidays are a busy time, but now I'm pretty much caught up and it's time to relax and enjoy friends, neighbors, and family.

We pledged to try to make Christmas more simple this year--to "unplug the machine" as it were. I guess we succeeded somewhat, but I still have a few cards to send, I never made that third variety of Christmas cookies that I promised my husband, and we missed a few parties due to other committments. It seems the holiday season has flown by much more quickly than before and I don't know why exactly.

We put our tree up later this year (Dec. 17th). I thought that might make the prevent "holiday creep" and inspire a greater spirit of the season, but it didn't work. The tree is still drying out quickly, and although I say I want to keep it up until after the new year, I'm not entirely sure that I'll be able to do it.

I spent this morning putting away Christmas clutter and it's not even Christmas yet. I think that the additional clutter of the holiday in a small house feel a bit confining. So we have pledged to declutter severly after the holidays. Stay tuned to see it that works!

1 Comments:

Blogger Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Hi Lisa. I also hope/plan to get some major decluttering done after the holidays are over. I was thinking I'd have time in January, but now that's filling up fast. lol.

I wish you and yours a magical, love filled Christmas and the best of everything in 2007! I also wish this to all those that visit you here at your blog.

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home