Wednesday, May 09, 2007

It's Been Awhile

Wow! I find it hard to believe that I've neglected this blog for so long. I don't know what happend, but time does tend to slip away.

We took a trip to Victoria, BC over St. Patrick's day and I guess I walked a few too many miles, because I ended up with a very sore and swollen ankle. I finally went to the doctor to get it looked at and ended up in a walking cast and crutches. Turns out I couldn't use the crutches because they were making my wrists act up, so I was stuck on the couch and had to use one of those little wheelies that you put your leg on to get around. I have a much greater empathy for all those who suffer with disabilities. Truly, you have no idea until you are inconvienced in such a way. And since it was only for one week I can't even begin to complain. However, it did prevent me from going upstairs and using the computer, so thus begins my sorry tale of neglect!

Since recovering my mobility we have beefed up the strawberry bed, started a bed of asparagus (good luck with that--the dog keeps lying in it), and planted a number of different lettuces and salad greens. The blueberries are loaded with blooms which bodes well for the ceral bowls of the future.

It's great to see the garden coming to life once again.

5 Comments:

Blogger PJ said...

Oh, my!!!! one time I clicked on my bloglines wrong and marked everything read..I've missed yours!!! Goodness, I feel for you and hope your ankle is feeling better. Love to hear more about your garden :) Thanks for the congrat. comment that means a lot...it really is nice to think he's right here and although long hours NOTHING like deployments!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

Glad you are back! Sorry to hear about your ankle and hope you are 100% very soon. Nothing like digging in the garden to make one feel fine:~D

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you back blogging, and I hope your ankle is well-mended. Looking forward to seeing your Spring/Summer garden pics and to gleaning some inspiration!

4:17 AM  
Blogger Quail Hill Knits said...

Welcome back. I can relate to having a disability. I had a total hip replacement two years ago and was amazed how difficult it was to get around in public. Looking forward to seeing some gardening pictures soon.....even the asparagus.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yikes, Quail hill, that must have been a painful experience. Hope that you're back to walking with ease again now!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home