Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Simple Things



Today, in honor of some recent good news, I am focusing on being grateful for the ordinariness of daily life. My yogurt is brewing, a trip to the market for fresh fruit to tide us over until our next CSA delivery, a cup of tea and a good book, and then a long walk with the dog will be my day. Then if there's time, perhaps some knitting by the fire.

Today's newspaper had an article on the importance of ritual in a person's day, particularly in the morning. I agree and find that I have my own morning ritual. I'm sure that most people do, whether they are aware of it or not. Daily routines are helpful and good. They ease life along, and give a shape to our days. Then, when they become tired and dull, we break out and take a trip, or vacation somewhere else (even if at a neighbor or relative's house) and the break in our daily routine refreshes us and makes us ready (and even look forward) to returning to our tried and true life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home