Saturday, January 06, 2007

Yet Another Storm...

 
What is with this weather? We had yet another big storm blow in last night. I haven't heard what the wind gusts were yet, but they must have been strong, because when I took the dog for a walk this morning this is what we saw.
 
Lots of big trees down all over the neighborhood. In addition, many people's fences had blown over. Of course it was garbage pick up day, so everyone's garbage cans were out and there is a lot of trash blown about. We picked up as much as we could, but there is more work to do.
 
This is the scene behind my friend and neighbor's house. Some nice person with a backhoe managed to drag the trees off the sidewalk and into the grass so that people could walk past. My husband called to tell me that these trees were actually blocking the roadway when he left for work this morning. The ironic thing is that they had just had a tree service out two days earlier to remove another huge hemlock tree that was dangling over their back fence from the last windstorm.
  

We'd like a little sunshine now please!

3 Comments:

Blogger PJ said...

How scary! I'm always a little sad to see such beautiful trees broken. Thankfully your house was ok?

2:21 PM  
Blogger Wildside Musing said...

Yes, some sunshine, PLEASE! (I'm lucky I got away for a little so ought not complain -- just now I'm suffering from crud -- caught while I was away). We had some damage from winds as well... Feel like everything is broken.

Ah, well, Spring and Summer are on their way...

5:54 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thankfully, our house was not damaged. We get to enjoy the beautiful trees in a greenbelt one house away and across the street, but have no large trees close enough to fall on us (at least for now)!

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home