Friday, June 10, 2005

Insects have become an issue in my life...


Let's hope I get to them before the slugs do. Posted by Hello

Between the slugs eating my ripe strawberries, to cutworms eating EVERYTHING THAT COMES UP in my vegetable garden, I'm about ready to kill something. (It's almost enough to make me dream of pesticides!) My green beans, radishes, squash, carrots, and parnsips have all been munched to the ground. But, I will not be defeated. I'm now growing new starts in my mini-greenhouse and will plant them out with their little stems surrounded by cut up pieces of toilet paper rolls! Sounds classy, huh?

My kind friend and neighbor left some TP rolls on my porch for me to use, but my husband, thinking they were garbage, chucked them in the recycle bin. He also took the one that I'd thoughtlessly left in the kitchen. Here I am thinking I'm not only recycling, but ensuring gardening success and he's thinking I'm a nut case leaving TP rolls all over the place!

On another note, I just found a beautiful scarf I'm going to try. I've never knitted lace before, nor have I knitted using a chart, but there's a first for everything. I also found a wonderful blog called Knit The Classics It's a bunch of folks who agree on a classic piece of literature and then they all listen to it on tape while knitting their chosen project. Both the knitting and the literature are discussed online. What could be better?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jewelielyn said...

hahaha! our dogs get our tp rolls--and then when they have torn the rolls into tiny little pieces, i put them in the recycling bin.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home