Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I've been knitting!


My first try at knitting lace! Posted by Picasa

This is the "Branching Out" scarf that I started for the Knitting the Classics knitalong. It was supposed to have been done this summer, but the garden called and the knitting was laid aside. Now that the autumn is here, I've been called back to my knitting and have been having a wonderful time. Although this pattern isn't difficult, my short-term memory seems to be lacking lately, so it took awhile for me to catch on to it. I made a lot of mistakes, but the pattern is pretty forgiving, and only a real pro would be able to find them (I hope!)


"Fingerless Mitts" glove.  Posted by Picasa

I also decided to try a free pattern that my local yarn shop gave me. I bought some lovely Catalina Chunky Lavendar Baby Alpaca to use. They turned out well for a first try. Let's just say that they allow me to type at my volunteer office job. Normally this time of year the office is freezing and it's hard to do any typing. These let me keep my hands warm and still have use of my fingers for office work. A nice solution for working with nonprofits who are budget challenged!


Eli is pretty stressed out from chasing all the knitting yarn... Posted by Picasa

He's recovering in front of the fireplace. It's a shame his life is so difficult.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wildside Musing said...

Love the fingerless gloves -- very useful as you say!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Wildside Musing said...

Heartshome, hi again! Howw do you make the project list (with completed items crossed out)? Can you come tell me in a comment over at my blogs? Also, I'll ask my other half this weekend just where the rat zapper came from and then leave that info as a post next week, I hope! And thanks for your help if you are able...

10:01 AM  
Blogger Wildside Musing said...

Oh, I see you have comment moderation on, too! Bye for now...

10:02 AM  
Blogger Jewelielyn said...

your scarf is beautiful! i am very impressed with your skill!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home