Monday, June 12, 2006

Gardens, Animals, Knitting, & Wise Words.

 

The Garden: One of our projects this spring was redoing our raised beds in the vegetable garden. The wood was old, and wet. We even found Pacific NW wetwood termites in one board. (These bugs can only exist in wet wood and aren't a threat to your home--unless it's soggy--so we were relieved to learn that.) My dear husband tore out the old boards and replaced them with these brand spanking new ones. Now we are ready to go for years to come.

 
The Animals: I couldn't resist this photo. The quality is poor, since I had to shoot it from inside the house. (My digital camera makes noise when you turn it on, and that always destroys my animal shots. Once they hear it, the cute pose is always lost!) Eli is king of the "face plant". I find this sleeping pose to be quite delightful and it never fails to amuse me greatly. I guess small minds have simple pleasures!

 
The Needles: Finally, on the knitting front, I'm attemping my first Baby Surprise Sweater. A design created by Elizabeth Zimmermann. It can be found in her book The Opinionated Knitter, or at www.Schoolhousepublishers.com. It's a cute baby sweater that is done all in a single piece and then folded, origamie style, with minor stitching, into a sweater. It can also be done as an adult sweater (which I hope to try), but I'm practicing on the wee size with some old yarn that's been lying around for quite awhile.

In Summary: I found this little quote that seems appropriate today, so I'll stop for the day and leave you with this.

"Talking is like playing on the harp;
there is as much in laying the hand on
the strings to stop their vibrations as
in twanging them to bring out their music."

--Oliver Wendell Holmes, The Autocrat Of The Breakfast Table, 1858 Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Wildside Musing said...

Oh, Eli! He's so cute.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Kindred Nutmeg said...

HaHa.. I can sympathize with you about the cats & the camera.. mine do the same.. even though its pretty quiet they always think I'm up to something..

Good Post
Nutmeg

1:49 PM  
Blogger clairesgarden said...

garden beds look great, good job done, love the cat, too cute!

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful garden!

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home