Wednesday, March 22, 2006

We Are Diminished...

My MIL passed away March 12th after a very long time spent in poor health. Although she was in a nursing home for eight years, and although she suffered with many painful symptoms, she was nearly always cheerful and a pleasure to be around. Her health has had an impact on our family for quite sometime. It will be strange not to plan our weekends around visiting her. And grocery shopping will not be the same without having to stop and think about what we needed to buy in order to make her life more comfortable. I was one of the fortunate people who was unable to relate to all the "Mother-in-law" jokes that make the rounds. I was lucky to have a MIL who loved me as I loved her. She will be greatly missed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wildside Musing said...

Very sorry for your loss. Losing someone so close always leaves such a big hole...

5:53 AM  
Blogger MP said...

Great post about your mil..makes you think. The routine of loving our family..openly and outwardly gets thrown out of wack when they pass away. I'm not looking forward to my parents death..sometimes in a very selfish way.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have just caught up with your sad news, having been off-line for a while. Take comfort in the love you shared. She sounds like a special MIL.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home