Thursday, April 13, 2006

Isn't this a lovely thought? It's not always so easy to do though. I have to keep reminding myself that it's the "simple things in life" that truly matter.

This pretty bookmark was given to me by a thoughtful coworker of my husband. He tells me that every now and then she checks out this blog when she needs a break from work. She saw this and thought I might like it. Well I do, and I plan to add it to my collection of beautiful bookmarks. I have a little purple box (ooh, it matches!) where I keep them. When I open up a new book, I buzz over to my box and choose a suitable bookmark. That way, I get to enjoy it along with my book.

I happen to know that this kind woman and the others that work at his fine establishment put in long and sometimes stressful hours in a hectic, and fast-paced business. It's good to know that people who crunch numbers for a living can take a break now and again to enjoy the simpler things--even if it is via computer...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jewelielyn said...

i love the idea of collecting bookmarks--they are beautiful, useful, they don't take up a lot of space, and you don't have to dust them!

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home